Tax Refund for Income Distribution
How to make a Claim?
Foreign Non Individual
- Download and complete Form R1. Use a separate Form R1 for each income distribution period.
- Submit the duly completed Form R1, accompanied by the original subsidiary income tax certificate ("SITC") or the original Annual Dividend Statement ("ADS") issued by the Central Depository (Pte) Ltd showing that tax was deducted for the distribution in respect of which the claim for the refund is made, to M&C Services Private Limited, 112 Robinson Road #05-01, Singapore 068902.
- Download and complete Form R2, including Annexes 1 and 2. Use a separate Form R2 for each income distribution period.
- Submit the duly completed Form R2, accompanied by the original subsidiary income tax certificate ("SITC") issued showing that tax was deducted for the distribution in respect of which the claim for refund is made to M&C Services Private Limited, 112 Robinson Road #05-01, Singapore 068902.
- ID numbers such as Singapore NRIC number, passport number or foreign ID numbers are required on the Declaration Form for Individuals who hold their Units through Depository Agents.
Where the units are held through more than 1-tier of nominees, the Depository Agent will need to obtain a declaration of confirmation from the ultimate beneficiaries that they are qualifying Unitholders or qualifying non-resident non individual unit holders. No refund of tax will be done where such declaration of confirmation is not obtained.
Email a softcopy of the completed forms, annexes and supporting documents to M&C Services Private Limited to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
When to submit Form R1 or Form R2?
- You may submit Form R1 or Form R2, accompanying SITC, ADS and supporting documents to M&C Services Private Limited at any time.
- The Trustee and Manager of Cache Logistics Trust will collate the claims for refund submitted by Unitholders and make a claim to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore ("IRAS") on a half-yearly basis (Submission deadline is 15 June and 15 December).
When Will Unitholders/Depository Agents receive the Tax Refund?
- Tax Refund will be refunded to Unitholders/Depository Agents only when IRAS refunds the amount to the Trustee and Manager of Cache Logistics Trust.
- The Depository Agents can then proceed to make refunds to their respective beneficial owners.
Singapore branches of foreign incorporated companies that wish to receive gross distributions from the Trustee must obtain IRAS' approval. They can apply by completing and submitting the "Application for Waiver of Withholding Tax (For Non-Bank Applicants Only)" Form to IRAS.